Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year, new determination

The circle turns once more and we are again at a beginning. Our politicians are full of the joys of doom and gloom and it would be so easy to slip into a negative frame of mind. So I have, very selfishly, decided that 2011 is a year for my determination to come to fruition and knickers to the gloom merchants. The truth is that we have very little control over what happens to us in the large scheme of things, BUT we do have control over how we react to them. And, when a whole raft of nasties come along that threaten to swamp us in despair, we have friends who will catch hold of our hands as we slip down the well of depression and pull us back up to the surface.

So, what are my determinations in 2011? To cherish my family and my friends and try to keep up with them. To lose weight and get fitter - a perennial one for me, but I seem to be more resolute than usual this year. I can't influence finding a publisher, but I know my agent will be trying to do just that. I am a great believer in visualisation though and Paul designed a book cover for "Duty of Evil", which I then wrapped around another book and he photographed me holding it. The picture is in my eyeline as I type. So, it's not 'if' but 'when' the books find a publisher. I am also determined to polish No 2 - "A Taste For Treason" and write No 3 - "Sweeter Than Flowing Honey". The research for "Honey" is absorbing as it deals with the county of my birth, Lincolnshire and the childhood home and first job of my father. I shall say no more.

Here's hoping that all my friends and family have a wonderful 2011. I certainly intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment